How Ryan’s Rainbow works is really very simple:
- Kids collect pennies or any other coins in a container — any container will do or you can get a “jug” by contacting us.
- Kids can deposit the coins Spirit of Texas Banks in Texas (Account #530000490; locations can be found at https://www.plainscapital.com/locations/Pages/index.aspx) or contact Ryan’s Rainbow and we will pick them up for you!
- Our “shopping” day is usually the first Friday in December after school. If you would like to participate, please e-mail us at email@example.com and we will be sure to include you on our invite!
- We then deliver the toys down to the local children’s hospitals at the holiday season time. Please let us know if you would like to help with the delivery.
- We also have several organizations that simply take the hospital “wish list” and donate the toys for Ryan’s Rainbow December delivery to the hospital. Click here for the “wish list.”
- Amazon is doing a great thing for charitable organizations like us! They are giving back 0.5% of purchases made to the charity of your choice and Ryan’s Rainbow is registered as one of those charities! There is nothing to do and it doesn’t cost any extra. When you are ready to shop at Amazon, you can go to the link: http://smile.amazon.com/ch/26-2833465 and then login to your Amazon account like you always do. Make your purchases like normal and Amazon will deposit into the Ryan’s Rainbow account 0.5% back! It is that simple.
Listen to Ryan and Haley’s first speech about Ryan’s Rainbow which was presented to Texas Children’s Hospital. Ryan and Haley explain the organization, how it got started and how you can help.